School concerts, grades 4–9
Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra
The Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra is a radiant introduction to the wonderful world of the symphony orchestra. The music was commissioned for a documentary film about symphonic instruments. Benjamin Britten took a theme composed 250 years ago by fellow countryman Henry Purcell and transformed it into a brilliant exposé of the instruments and possibilities of the symphony orchestra. Musical education at its very best! Host: Ayla Kabaca.
Select your concert date below and use the form to register your class. Please note that school concerts are only open to schools, and preferably those based in Stockholm County. Schools from other municipalities will be accepted where places are available.
Price:36 SEK per pupil. Entry is free of charge for teachers/adults.
Good to know:
- The concerts are 45‒60 minutes in duration.
- An acknowledgement will be sent around three weeks after receipt of all registrations.
- The fee is to be paid by invoice after the event.
- For schools in Södertälje, Luna Kulturhus will pay for a limited number of pupils.
- Packed lunches may be eaten in Konserthuset Stockholm.
There's no events under the selected date