FAQ about livestreams
Janine Jansen leads members of the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra in a livestream concert. Photo: Yanan Li
Since you are unable to come to us, we will come to you! Since early April, we have offered one or more livestreamed events per week. We hope you want to watch. Here, you can find frequently asked questions about our livestreams – such as where to watch them and how to make sure your technology is functioning optimally at home.
Where can I watch your livestreams?
Our videos are livestreamed here on the website. The videos are often published afterwards on the website and in the Konserthuset Play app.
How do I know which concerts are livestreamed?
You can find our upcoming livestream events in our ordinary concert calendar.
You can receive tips and reminders about our livestreamed events in our newsletter. Sign up here
How can I watch your livestreams on my TV?
There are different options for watching our livestreams on your TV. In all cases, you must play the livestrams from our website.
With a Chromecast device, you can cast the videos on your computer to your TV. Remember that you must use the Chrome web browser, and both of your devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for this to work. You can read more about how to use Chromecast on Google’s support pages (opens in new window)
You can also cast the entire screen from an Android device (mobile phone or tablet). For this option, you will need to download the Google Home app. You can read more about how to cast from Android on Google’s support pages (opens in new window)
You can wirelessly stream our livestreams from your Mac to Apple TV via Airplay. You can do the same thing from your iOS device (iPhone or iPad).
You can use the Airplay symbol that appears in the player when you activate full screen mode or you can use screen mirroring.
Note! There is currently an issue where the full screen button is unresponsive on the embedded live player in iOS mobile browsers; please use another iOS device if you want to use full screen mode.
Using a cable
You can watch our livestreams on a big screen by connecting your computer, mobile phone or tablet to your TV or monitor with a cable or adapter.
I’m having problems with the livestream freezing and becoming choppy. What can I do?
The video may be choppy for several different reasons. Below are some tips:
- Try changing the resolution of the video by going to the little settings wheel at the bottom right in the player. The resolution is automatically set to “auto” for all users, but the results are often better if you choose a fixed resolution (such as 720p).
- You can also try using a different browser. In addition, check that the browser you are using has been updated to the latest version.
- Test your connection: For the best experience of our livestreams, your connection should be at least 50 Mbps. You can test the strength of your connection by using the service Bredbandskollen (opens in a new window)
- If you are connected wirelessly via Wi-Fi, problems could occur if your router lacks sufficient performance, or if walls or the ceiling disrupt the reception between the router and the device you are using for the livestream.
- It may also help to close other tabs, browsers and programs while watching the livestream.
- You can also try clearing the browser’s cache memory and restarting the computer.
I’m having problems with sound. What can I do?
If you are hearing an echo, make sure you do not have two windows/tabs open that are both showing the same livestream event.
If you have no sound at all, check that you have activated the sound in your video player. When you start the livestream, the video will be shown without sound at first. At the top of the video box, there is a little speaker icon and the text “click to unmute”, which you need to click. On a mobile phone, you will see the little speaker icon, but no text.
I missed the livestream. Is it possible to watch the concert later?
Yes, the videos can be watched later on Konserthuset Play. You can watch the videos both via your browser and in the Konserthuset Play app. The videos are usually available the same evening online and a few days later in the app.
I have other questions. Who should I contact?
Send an email to email@example.com and we will help you as soon as we can. We cannot guarantee help during the actual livestream.